If there is one thing, ONE THING, that will set your website apart from the rest, it is photography.
Well selected, well developed photography can keep your audience engaged, raise the perceived quality of your brand and speak volumes higher than actual content.
Maybe you are lucky enough to have a friend, or a partner who happens to have great photography skills. Maybe you are pretty handy, yourself with an iphone, but if neither of these happen to be true – we have some great tools to recommend (spoiler alert: They’re FREE).
- 120 contributors
- 250 pages of photos & more
- All photos published on Unsplash are licensed under Creative Commons Zerowhich means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer or Unsplash.
- The pictures are free for personal and even for commercial use.
- You can modify, copy and distribute the photos.
- All without asking for permission or setting a link to the source. So,attribution is not required.
It used to be that you could create an account and receive a full free month of bigstock photos. Those were the good old days. HOWEVER, you can still take advantage of their two options for free media.
Create an account and receive 5 free videos per day for one week. OR – sign up for 10 free videos each day for that week. Just be sure to cancel your subscription prior to renewal, if you don’t want to get hit with that $79/$99 charge.
If you are just getting started on a new website, OR if it’s time to freshen things up a bit – try out one of the above recommendations. You would be surprised how much inspiration can be found in a simple topic search.
Until next time!